Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summit County Fair 5K


On Saturday, I ran the 5K at the fair. Jordan and Easton decided to go camping for the weekend with Jordan's brothers, so I decided this would be my first race pushing Kason! Because of this, I knew my time would be a little slower, so I was kind of expecting it. The race was hard - it definitely makes a difference when you're pushing 25 pounds up a hill. Not only that, but part of the race went down the rail trail which meant dirt gravel and a huge board crossing the trail to keep motor vehicles off. Great. How in the heck am I going to lift the stroller over THAT? Luckily, there was a nice man behind me who was willing to slow down his time a little and help me over it. Needless to say, I still felt fairly good about the race, thinking I'd be 4 or 5 minutes slower than my last 5K time of 22:55. When I crossed the finish line, they grabbed my tag and said "31". What!? 31! No way. There is no way that took me 31 minutes. I went over to the score chart and surprisingly saw that I got first place in females age 19-29. I thought that I must be the only female in that age group with a time of 31 minutes. I stayed for awards, and when they called me up, they said my time was 26 minutes. No ones time had anything but full minutes. They were crazy. My cousin, Loni, who was a few minutes behind me told me they said her time was 31 minutes. So I guess my time was somewhere between 26 and 31 minutes. I'm hoping it was closer to 26, and I'll take that considering. So, lesson learned. Always bring your own stop watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment