Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July 5K

On the fourth, I ran the Henefer 5K. I don't really love 5K's because I feel like I have to sprint the entire thing. This year, I felt much better about this one since I had been running more and I had run the course several times previously. The race started out really fast and within the first mile I found myself having a pretty hard time catching my breath. As the race went on, I felt better and told myself I would try to just stay in the position I was in. When I crossed the finish line, I was surprised to hear the time, 22:55. It was the fastest 5K I've done so I was super excited. I was even more excited to find out I finished first place in my age division. They posted the results so I had people congratulating me all day. It felt good! Once in a while, it's fun to complimented and feel like you're improving!

The kids and Jordan did the bike-a-thon that morning which Easton loved. I am so bummed that I can no longer do the Morgan half due to our Bear Lake trip so I'm searching for another race somewhere. Possibly, I'll go to Salt Lake to do the 10K on the 23rd or maybe head to Tremonton for the Wheat and Beat in August. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment